NHS AYRSHIRE & ARRAN CHILDREN'S DIABETES FUND
“Throughout Ayrshire & Arran there are approximately 260 children under 18 living with Type 1 diabetes. ”
Throughout Ayrshire & Arran there are approximately 260 children under 18 living with Type 1 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes is a lifelong condition which requires the children to do regular blood glucose tests, take insulin either via an injection (up to 5 times a day) or via an insulin pump and manage this along with the food they eat. Money raised for the Ayrshire children’s diabetes fund is used for:
- Children’s weekends; these allow the children to meet, have fun and learn with other children who have diabetes along with the health care team in a relaxed and fun environment.
- Family Sports day: this lets the children and their families meet with others out with the clinical setting
- Educational and social events for children moving from primary school to secondary school.
- Educational Materials and Resources.
- Equipment to support diabetes service.
- Support for staff to attend professional training courses and conferences.