Beautiful Inside & Out (SCIO)
“Beautiful Inside & Out (SCIO) is a Scottish registered charity, supporting bereaved parents and siblings of suicide victims; promoting feelings of self-worth.”
To advance the saving of lives by:
- enabling and encouraging young people to have a voice in a safe environment, to express concerns, anxieties or problems that cause them distress and lead to negative emotions;
- developing and providing, for example, drama workshops/training programmes to promote suicide awareness amongst young people and educators, with a view to providing an outlet for expressing anxiety and depression, or suicidal tendencies, as well as providing professional advice for concerned parents and/or educators.
To advance the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage by:
- promoting the emotional, psychological and physical well-being of parents, their families and friends when a son or daughter dies through the act of suicide;
- providing, for example, on-line support, face-to-face support, information and group meetings to help those bereaved by the death of a child through suicide, with the option of specialised counselling for parents and siblings;
- working in collaboration with police, health and social care professionals to improve and enhance professional practice when liaising with bereaved parents of suicide victims.